Its Monday again, which means its friend making Monday! If you’re not sure how it works, simply copy the questions to your own blog, then head over to Kenlie’s blog and post the link to your answers. Then make some new friends!
FMM: Cooking Habits
1. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home? Anything I can kind of throw in a skillet or pot or in the oven and just walk away from for a while is good. I like easy.
2. Do you like to experiment in the kitchen, or do you prefer to stick to the basics? I tend to experiment a little, especially if I am using a recipe. I never do exactly what it says and I tend to substitute things without even blinking.
3. What is your favorite cookbook? 100 Best Chicken Recipes and 100 Best Hamburger (Digest Comb-Bound Cookbooks) are two I am loving right now. The recipes we’ve tried are quick, easy, and good! And they don’t use any fancy stuff we might not have or be able to find. Cheap eats too!
4. Do you have any tricks to share that help you reach your fruits and veggies goal for the day? Nope. I suck at this one. Some days I don’t even eat any fruits or veggies. :(
5. What’s the most interesting thing you made last week? I didn’t really cook last week- we ended up going out a couple of times and then grilling steaks at home another night. Oh wait! I made chicken & pasta primavera. That was freaking delicious!
6. How often do you watch cooking shows on TV? Never. I hardly watch TV at all.
7. When you’re hungry, where are you most likely to look first? Um… the freezer. Then the pantry. Our fridge tends to be kind of bare most of the time.
8. List a few healthy staples that can always be found in your kitchen. We’ve almost always got an assortment of veggies and fruit because of the weekly produce delivery we’re signed up for. Right now I’ve got some pretty English peas waiting to be eaten.
9. Are you motivated to cook at home even when you’re eating alone? Nope. The most effort I’ll put in when its just me is Kraft mac n cheese. I hate cooking just for me.
10. How often do you try new recipes? Right now I am shooting to try two new recipes a week. I’ll probably actually only end up doing about 6 a month, but still have to have goals, right?