Last week I had this great list, with quite a few easily attainable items on it. I was going to do better than last week. I was going to kick ass. And did it happen? No, not really. I mean a few of my goals I really went beyond, but there were others I missed by miles and I feel like I didn’t try very hard on some of those. Anyway, here’s this week’s ten things Tuesday.
- Finish reading Brave New World.
- Vacuum the house twice.
- Brush the dogs three times.
- Lose 1.5 pounds.
- Finish sewing two projects.
- List 6 new things in my shop.
- Stay within my Points+ this week and don’t go over.
- Get to 170 likes on my Kittyloaf Designs Facebook page. *nudge nudge* If you’re unaware, I make beaded jewelry, sewn items like purses and household stuff, and I also do graphic design.
- Don’t have to throw any veggies away due to going bad this week.
- Read all the blogs I follow at least once.
I think most of those should be attainable, I just have doubts about staying within my Points+ allotment for the week as tonight’s dinner really burned up a lot of P+ without me realizing it. Calzones were nowhere near this many Points on the old system! Holy crap!
Here’s how I did with last week’s list.
- Finish reading Burning Chrome. Done! And I started a new book.
- Vacuum the house twice. Done! The house is still furry as all hell though thanks to shedding dogs.
- Brush the dogs twice. Done! I got a new shed comb which the dogs hate, but I love.
- Lose 1.5 pounds. Um… I’m going to venture a guess and say not because I haven’t been eating well nor have I really seen the scale in recent weeks.
- Finish sewing two new projects. Kwik Sew 3740 View B & Kwik Sew 3740 View B with View A neckline. I also mostly finished 4 faux-ties, sewed a new plastic bag holder, and re-sewed an old one.
- Stay on target this week on eating for the rest of the week. Haha. Funny. Last week was a food train wreck.
- Get to 170 Likes on my Kittyloaf Designs Facebook page. *nudge nudge* I made it to 166. Wanna give me 4 more today?
- Sell something. I finally got paid and shipped out the item I had waited 9 days for payment on after I filed an unpaid item dispute against the buyer. Does that count?
- Try one new recipe. I tried something new with eggplant. It was gross as hell and I threw it away and had a salad instead.
- Catch up on my blog reading. Yeah, I did this late last week but its time to do it again.
So that’s 7 out of 10 (counting two as ½’s). Not great, but its better than some previous weeks, that’s for sure. I’m really hoping next week I will have a better report to give than this week.
Now let’s talk about food today. Food. Was. Horrible. And I had no idea it would be. The last time I made calzones, I think I was following the old Points, not Points+. I think dinner ended up being about 25 Points or so, if memory serves me correctly. Tonight I made calzones, and the damn thing was 45 mother fucking Points+! Holy hell! How does that even happen?!? Add in some cheese I snacked on, and two cups of coffee, and I was already 8 P+ beyond where I normally would have been on a typical day. Of course my dumb ass didn’t add any of this up until after we had frozen yogurt too, so the end result is a horrendous amount of P+ for the day, leaving me in the hole for the week.
|Cottage Cheese (1 Cup)||6|
|Coffee w/Milk & Sugar||2|
|Cheddar Cheese (2 Oz.)||6|
|Coffee w/Milk & Sugar||2|
| Frozen Yogurt
I will not make this mistake again with the calzones! I know better now, and next time I can always just do cheese for mine instead of pepperoni- it will be just as good and a lot lower on Points+.
I also spend some time in my craft room, resewing one item that just wasn’t very neatly done, and working on finishing four others in the process. I should be adding them to my shop shortly!