Here’s my recipe for the recipe exchange. Acapulco chicken. It used lots of colorful vegetables and tastes great served over a bed of white or brown rice.
Author: ngibsonn @ Food.com
Recipe type: Main Dish
I found this recipe years ago while browsing Food.com. Its quick, easy, and has lots of flavor. I usually serve it over a bed of rice.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 6 oz. tomato sauce
- water, as needed
- Season chicken with ½ tablespoon chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, and saute chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- Stir fry bell pepper & onion until soft.
- Add jalapeno peppers, tomato, & remaining chili powder.
- Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, add chicken, tomato sauce, and any water. Cook for 2 minutes.
Calories: 126 Fat: 4.5 Fiber: 2.3 Protein: 14.9