This is the first recipe we tried out of the 100 Best Hamburger (Digest Comb-Bound Cookbooks) cookbook. Beef stroganoff casserole. Flavor was really good, though I did make some modifications. Instead of cooking the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in oil, I simmered them in a small amount of water. I also added more mustard than was called for, which was noticeable in the finished dish.
Sorry there’s no photos. I forgot to take any before we scarfed it down! This one is going onto our let’s make it again list.
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 80/20)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used white)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (I used Kroger’s)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups egg noodles
- Put your egg noodles on to boil. While they are cooking, brown the ground beef. Drain grease and set aside.
- Preheat over to 350*, and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and onion to skillet. Add ¼ cup water and simmer until tender. Add in mushroom soup, sour cream, and mustard. Combine.
- Pour beef and sauce mixture over noodles, stir well.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish, and place in oven. Bake until heated through.