Tonight was out second new recipe night of the week. This time we tried out the Classic Chicken Parmesan from 100 Best Chicken Recipes. I didn’t make any real changes to the recipe except for halving it as there were just the two of us eating- I used 3 teensy chicken breasts; we each had one and split the third.
Sorry I forgot to take photos (again!). This looks every bit as good as it tastes. It s also super quick and really easy to throw together- this one got a total stamp of approval from Mattie. I served it over some plain pasta, with salad on the side.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 Oz each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ jar Ragu pasta sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken slightly.
- Liberally coat the bottom of a baking dish with Ragu. Place chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and pour the rest of the Ragu over it.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.