We love enchiladas, but for someone who is counting calories, all those little tortillas can add up quick, especially if you’re a big eater like we tend to be. This is pretty much the same as any regular enchilada recipe, but instead of rolling up a dozen tortillas, you use about 1/4th as many because you’re just making one layer on the bottom, and one on the top.
Here we go! Its chicken enchilada casserole time!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces and cooked
- 1 can enchilada sauce of your choice- we like the red sauce with medium heat
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Pour enough of the enchilada sauce into the baking dish to cover the bottom. Cover with 2 tortillas; if using the size baking dish I do, you should be able to cover the bottom of the dish with a little overlap in the middle.
- Arrange cooked chicken evenly over the tortillas. Pour a little sauce over the chicken.
- Place other 2 tortillas over chicken, and cover with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese liberally over everything.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes until everything is hot and bubbly, and cheese is completely melted.