Tonight I revisited a recipe I made a few years ago, and as before, it was delicious. Both Mattie & myself were pleased with this honey mustard chicken- who can go wrong with chicken, bacon, and cheese? Mine had mushrooms as well, as the recipe calls for, but I left them off on his side as he doesn’t like them. Keep in mind, this is not a healthy, low-fat, low-cal meal. You could make it healthier by using smaller chicken breasts, and not completely blanketing the chicken in bacon. Bacon is about 50 calories a slice, so instead of using 7 pieces per breast as I did, you could just top it with two slices and knock 250 calories of of it right there. I just served this with a side of zucchini, and it was more than enough food to satisfy us.
So, without further rambling, here’s how to make it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 8 oz chicken breasts
- ¼th cup honey mustard
- 1 12 oz package of bacon
- 7 oz of white mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Liberally coat the chicken breasts with the honey mustard. Place in a non-stick skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side. Set chicken aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute until tender.
- Take bacon slices and weave them into two mats. Place each chicken breast on a mat of bacon, and wrap it up. Place the chicken, with ends of bacon mats facing down to keep in place.
- Cover with sauteed mushrooms, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in over for 35 minutes.