Malaysian Curried Beef
Author: Adapted from 100 Best Hamburger Recipes
Recipe type: Main Dish
I made this recipe this evening (and again I forgot to take pics because I was in such a hurry to eat. It smelled absolutely delicious and turned out it tasted that way too). I made a few small changes to the recipe and the preparation. The original recipe suggested serving with rice- I made rice, but there was so much food I didn’t even serve it. You may want to adjust the seasonings to taste- the measurements given are approximate.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions (I used purple), chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 14 oz. can fat free beef broth
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Heat oil in wok on high heat, and onions. Add seasonings, and stir frequently until onions are tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil, uncovered. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in another pan and drain the fat.
- Stir in the ground beef and continue cooking until broth has mostly been reduced. Add tomatoes and heat through.
Calories: 395 Fat: 17 Fiber: 4